Monday, June 25, 2007

Kells Video

I meant to post this a few days ago, so you've probably already seen it on MTV or whatever by now.

The new video for Robert and Ursh's "Same Girl" follows Robert's trend of directly translating the events of a song into the actions of a video.

Presented by Sylvester Films. Don't be surprised if I pace a show on the Double Up Tour.

My main purpose for posting this though was to compare it with Men at Work's "Land Down Under" video.

You know, sometimes you just want a Veg-e-Mite sandwich. This song is untouchable. I play it once a week at least.

Which do you think is more literal?

Also, there's an intelligently reasoned article in the new Entertainment Weekly on how ineffective the MPAA's evaluation of films are. I've done a lot of work on the topic, (I even persuaded a teacher in high school to let me do my Social Justice project on the hypocrisy of the MPAA somehow. I mean, one of my sources was an article by "Mike Hunt," but still. Yeah, Social Justice class. I went to Catholic School. Surprise!) and most books and articles return to the same allegations of hypocrisy, but Mark Harris is presenting a new approach here with which I agree.

No comments: