Friday, August 08, 2008

TANBR Turns Two

On a humble day two years ago, This Ain't No Bank Robbery began. Some of you have been with us from the beginning and some of you are more recent visitors, but all are welcome. We have a lot planned for today's celebration and will be updating throughout the day, so try to refresh the page every half-hour or so.


Bob's not today, but we do share birthdays with Dustin Hoffman, Roger Federer, Drew Lachey, and J.C. Chasez. Small world.

One other thing that you should know about today's proceedings: I'll be drunk for a good portion of them. I'm on a Weight Watchers program for which all foods have a point value, and I get a thirty-point allotment each day. More than anything, it promotes balance and moderation. A lite beer is worth two points, and a regular beer is worth three, so your daily diet precludes you from drinking too much. In the interest of scientific experimentation, however, today I'll be using all of my Weight Watchers points on beer. So fifteen beers on an empty stomach. At the top of every update I write today, I'll give you my status. We'll see what happens.

Patton Oswalt- "You Are Allowed 20 Birthday Parties"

1 comment:

Will said...

Fifteen beers? Man the fuck up dude and throw down your flex points as well.