Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Semester Report Card

Last year I had a lot of fun writing about the Best Music of the Year So Far. The problem was that after writing such thorough reviews of each album, I kind of ran out of ideas for the more important year-end list. Consequently, I'm providing an incomplete playlist of music I've really liked from the year's first half and not commenting on it at all. There are a lot of big records I've yet to hear--I've been busy--but I enjoyed re-listening to these. Hopefully you do too.



Other stuff I loved but that Grooveshark doesn't have up yet:
Nathan Johnson & The Cinematic Underground- The Brothers Bloom Original Score
Wale- Back to the Feature Mixtape
Peter Bjorn & John- "Nothing to Worry About"
Night Control- "Star 131"
YACHT- "Psychic City"
OJ Da Juiceman feat. Gucci Mane, Cam'ron- "Make Da Trap Say Aye (Remix)"

No comments: